Why are people still ignorant enough to believe in religion?

ArnoldLayne

Mar 21, 2009
I absolutely despise religion because people try to convert me all the time, including my family.

Here's why it's a load of bullshit.

If heaven was real, I wouldn't want to go anyway. It's scientifically proven that utopias do not exist because one person's utopia is another person's hell. In addition to this, the human mind can only experience so much pleasure and fulfillment before it dulls down and becomes depressed. If heaven was so amazing, I would be bored with it within five days and I wouldn't want to be there anymore. I'd rather have endless sleep, which is what an atheist would believe in.

If God created everything, than who created God? I smell a giant loophole. Common knowledge would know that something would have to create something before it is created. Make sense? Which is why the big bang sounds more plausible.

The whole church is corrupt. I'm not saying everything church, but specifically catholic priests are a bunch of little boy rapists, and a lot of them. Then you have those religious extremists out in the Middle East which make me sick, and don't forget the Crusades. It's just another case of people forcing their will upon others for their own greed.

If anything, Atheism should be embraced because it does not promote any conflict.

Back