What speed of internet download do you need to make my Blue Ray streaming...

JB1

May 20, 2008
Well bluerays are HUGE. Id say you would probably need somewhere around 8-10 megabytes per second to keep a bluray stream where it will never buffer.(it will be downloading faster then it playes).

Also if you say buy a 54mb/s connection from your ISP for example. this is NOT 54megabytes, its 54 megabites(both are mb -.-) anyway megabites/8=megabytes. so a 54mb/s connection is really a 6.75 megabyte per second. And that is the MAX speed. (the farther away from your ISP, the connection will diminish alittle bit) also if anyone else is using your bandwidth, it will also be lower.

And are you downloading 4.8-5.2 megabytes per second? or is at&t saying you have a 5mb/s connection?

And i dont have netflix, but usually with streaming media you can pause the media and let it buffer. and when it loads a decent amount you can click play. If you want to be able to stream bluerays instantly on demand with no buffering, id say shutdown any net usage from others, and try to get a 8megabyte per second connection or better(so 64 megabit from isp).

...stop buffering every few seconds.? I just bought a Blue Ray and am trying to watch instant streaming movies from Netflix and another program. Every few seconds it buffers. My download speed is 4.8-5.2 Netflix is blaming the internet and AT&T says I have a great download speed that they may need to check my phone lines but I will have to pay for that. Please help!!! Also, if this is not fast (I pay AT&T the for the fastest they provide and Verizon is not in my area) can you suggest another internet provider. I think the only one I have available is Suddenlink.

Does suddenlink offer a 11mb bundle? its not only your download but upload stream aswell. 6mb is reccomended for an HD Stream & latency within AT&T's network is most likely to blame.

Does suddenlink offer a 11mb bundle? its not only your download but upload stream aswell. 6mb is reccomended for an HD Stream & latency within AT&T's network is most likely to blame.

Back