What martial arts should I pick?

Mike

May 13, 2008
I took muay thai for a month and now my gym is closing down, so i want to do something else.
muay thai was really good, and i hate to stop it but whatever.
should i take aikido? The dojo looks extremely good (and they do weapons after your first promotion)
taekwondo looks okay, not as good as the aikido one
there's a tai chi/ kung fu one but i can't understand what they're saying in the site
and then there's krav maga. i know it's supposed to be the best, but the instructors don't look to good, i only say this because they seem focused on belts.. when krav maga isn't supposed to have belts.

Well see if you can do a trail lesson or just watch a few classes...if they don't let you then don' go. I mean all the martial arts are different and benefit in certain areas then others....I don't have aikido around me so I would say that cause I have done seminars on it and I like it

i would keep practising muay thai but if you cant do that id say go with kung fu it takes a little more extra effort to learn but it is worth it just make sure you chose the right style there are over 400 stles in kung fu wing-chun is one of the best.

Write each style on a small piece of paper, hang them all on wall, blindfold yourself, and throw three darts.

Then take the three pieces of paper you have managed to skewer, and hang them on the wall. Blindfold yourself again, and throw 2 darts.

Then take the 2 skewered pieces of paper, blindfold yourself, and throw one dart.

Voila!

The one that has the dart sticking out of it is every bit a valid choice as anything that anyone here could suggest for you.

Back