What is a creative funny idea for this Element Project?!?!?

Tara

May 15, 2008
In Chem we have a project where we get an element and have to right like a little "funny" article kinda thing about it. I have all my information about it i just need help with ideas on what to make my artice about.

Thanks! :)

Do Lithium.

True story. Back in the days, the 7-UP company used to put lithium in the soda because it was a "mood-stablizing" drink that "cured hangovers." Interestingly enough, lithium today is often used in medicines for people with schizophrenia and other psychiatric disorders because it could help in changing their brain chemistry...

From Wikipedia:
Use in 7 Up

As with cocaine in Coca-Cola, lithium was widely marketed as one of a number of patent medicine products popular in the late-19th and early-20th centuries, and was the medicinal ingredient of a refreshment beverage, 7 Up. Charles Leiper Grigg, who launched his St. Louis-based company The Howdy Corporation in 1920, invented a formula for a lemon-lime soft drink in 1929. The product, originally named "Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda", was launched two weeks before the Wall Street Crash of 1929.[49] It contained the mood stabiliser lithium citrate and was one of a number of patent medicine products popular in the late-19th and early-20th centuries.[50] The beverage was marketed specifically as a hangover cure. Its name was soon changed to 7 Up; all American beverage makers were forced to remove lithium in 1948.

HOPE THIS HELPS!
--LC!

Back