What could I add to a new 2009 Harley Sportster 883?

MidnightMagick

Feb 9, 2009
Hi,

I'm a new rider, and I'm buying a Harley 883 Sportster next week in black. What are some things that I can do to it? I guess "pimp" it out, if you will, or "deck it out" ? I'm very new to riding, and I want my bike to look rada-cool. I'm a young female too.

Thanks ! :)

It looks ok stock. If you do nothing else to it, you have to upgrade the exhaust to something much louder so people can hear you in the other lane, it can save you one day.

Go to the harley website for ides, they have anything from pegs to lights. Your first concern should be comfort, if ya hate ridin ya wont. Ride for a few weeks and see how ya like the seat, are the bars good for ya?
Being a new rider DO NOT take anyone for a ride! The bike handles completely different and may cause you to crash.
Take a riders class, most dealers have them. They work and are quite a bit of fun.
Be careful and proud!
Welcome to the family!

like that 2nd guy said, you can go on the website and look at different things to add on like anything chrome, you can also go to the dealer and just look around and ask what fits on your 09 883 sportster, also before you spend a lot of the money on the looks, make sure the comfort is there, make sure the seat and handle bars are good for you, if not go to the parts Dept. and look at different things, they should show you what are good options for what you need to change, oh and another thing, don't say "pimp it out" or "deck it out" at the harley shop because you'll get laughed at lol, well have fun and keep the chrome and paint off the road, only the rubber on the road lol

Back