Volkswagen GLI 2005 or Lexus Is300 2005?

AlejandroM

Apr 17, 2008
Hey everyone, I know there are some of these threads, and some people talking about comparisons and everything but the Lexus IS300 is a beauty and has won my heart for many years. but I am also interested in the GLI from 2005.

Cn anyone tell me either which car is more reliable? I keep hearing German cars are expensive to maintain but have engines that will last well over 200k miles and keep going strong.

I kinda hear the same thing about the Lexus, it has a 2jz engine like the supra and also can go strong past 200k miles, either way both cars im looking at cost about 10k for just around 100k miles. Both cars as well are in exceptional condition inside and out.

I guess I would like to hear peoples opinions on these two particular cars for a daily driver, something to hold me off for a long time I would love to see some pro's and con's if not just your opinions would be enough :)

Thanks ahead of time guys.

I really don't know either of the two brands, but I do know VW has been taking a beating for engine problems for awhile.

Back