To get the iOS 4.0 or 4.2 update on my iPod Touch, will all my songs, apps, etc.

ANNiE

May 16, 2008
be deleted? There's a lot of apps I can't use because I don't have the new software and it's bothering me, but when I heard it deletes all your stuff, I never even gave the update a second thought. It seems iTunes doesn't understand that I have many other songs besides the ones I bought from their store, therefore I'm paranoid to rely on their backup service... I'm afraid of going onto my iPod after the update and seeing only the songs I bought being on there, when 198 of the 204 songs I have aren't bought. So my question is simple... Will it delete all my stuff and make me start all over or is the backup reliable?

update your music and whatnot in the itunes, during that it will say " step 6 backing up your ipod" then you can update to ios 4.2 and it will not effect your music or apps even if you have not bought them (ie. you got them of a cd or illegal download program such as limewire )

dont worry if u actually back up ur ipod correctly then u wont have to worry abt everything being deleted. i've tried it many times, trust me it works, back up ur ipod accurately and dont try to rush it and let the backing up do its work on its own, and everything will be fine!

hope i helped :)

Back