Telus' Fave 5 Mistakes?

JessicaS

May 13, 2008
I've had a Telus prepaid plan for well over 2 years now and have used the $20/month plan for unlimited calls and texts to 5 numbers. I haven't once changed the 5 numbers and I have never had a problem with it until now...

Recently my balance went down to 0 once again since my friend outside the plan needed to talk to me. It's been to zero before and I've had no problem calling or texting any of the 5 numbers. So a few nights after this I was texting my mom for a ride and I got no response, I tried for over an hour and had to just take the bus. When I got home she never got any texts and hers weren't sending to mine. I thought this was just a glitch and left it alone.

So again last night I needed a ride and tried calling the home phone, it went through but no answers, but when I called my moms cell (both numbers on my plan) I was told I didn't have enough money to cover a call... I was confused so I tried a friends number and it worked yet it didn't work with my mothers...

So tonight I was going to log in and check the numbers (even though her cell number should still be there since she didn't get a new number and I never took her off) and of course they are under maintenance and didn't say when they're up again.

This is enraging because I'm paying for the ability to be able to call these numbers whenever and it creates so many problems for me when Telus decides to mess with me like this. There is no reason for numbers to be changing themselves and to be secretly charging me for every minute and text I use with my mother.

I don't know if I can but if this was a Telus screw up and the number is in the 5 then should I be able to get the money back that was charged to me for calling and texting that number? Because if I can't get that money back it's like I'm paying twice and it really isn't fair.

I'm just so frustrated and scared something like this may happen again when I really need to make the call since I'm on an extremely fixed income and therefor cannot always keep my phone with extra minutes on it.

Back