Slow cooked bbq pork chop recipe? Prefer slow baked in oven.?

LinaInverse

Aug 8, 2008
hi,

not too familiar with cooking pork chops, but i do know that my husband prefers them cooked slowly for a long time.

i would like a bbq pork chop recipe for the oven (i can use bottled bbq sauce), but need a few tips and the timing and so forth. i have a crock pot if necessary, but if i can use the regular oven that would be better.

thanks in advance!

How about this? Then everyone wins except the turkies

Grilled Turkey Legs
SUBMITTED BY: Tony B PHOTO BY: sheshagail
"These spicy turkey legs are sweet and hot - just like the smoked turkey legs you get at the fair or theme park!"

INGREDIENTS
•1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
•2 tablespoons sugar
•2 tablespoons hot sauce
•1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
•1 tablespoon black pepper
•1 large sweet onion, sliced
•4 turkey legs
•2 tablespoons honey
•1 tablespoon steak seasoning
DIRECTIONS
1.Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
2.In a large pot, mix the lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage, sugar, hot sauce, red pepper, pepper, and onion. Place the turkey legs in the mixture, and bring to a boil. Cook 30 to 45 minutes, until the turkey has reached an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).
3.Remove onion slices from the mixture, and arrange on the prepared grill. Place turkey legs over the onions. Drizzle with honey, and season with steak seasoning. Cook, tuning once, 20 minutes, or until a crisp browned crust has formed on the turkey legs.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Turkey-Legs/Detail.aspx?ms=1&prop25=17330168&prop26=DailyDish&prop27=2009-04-26&prop28=DailyRecipe&prop29=FullRecipe&me=1

How to Barbecue Pork Chops in the Oven

Things You’ll Need:

pork chops
Carolina Treet or
your favorite BBQ sauce
baking pan or cookie sheet
ground black pepper

step1
Rinse pork chops under cold running water. Place meat on a baking pan or cookie sheet. Line with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Step2
Place pork chops in 350 degree oven for a few minutes to brown turning them over once. Reduce heat to 250 degrees and liberally pour Carolina Treet on chops. Continue cooking at 250 until tender and done. Pour sauce on chops at least one more time while baking.

Step3
Carolina Treet is a unique tasting sauce my family and friends love. I have to stop my daughter from drinking it straight from the bottle! It doesn't burn during cooking at higher temperatures like many other BBQ sauces. If this sauce isn't sold in your area, use your favorite, but try it when you have a chance

As much as I don't like Shake & Bake, the BBQ glaze mix is actually pretty good! In fact, I'm making that tonight with pork chops:) ... Otherwise, you can dry rub them (chili powder, paprika, garlic salt, pepper, cumin) and cover with foil - slow bake at 300 for a few hours (depending on weight) and uncover, baste with a BBQ sauce, just the last 15 min or so. This also would work for boneless or bone-in ribs (beef & pork) and chicken......

Back