Should my friend have to pay?

MarissaR

Feb 29, 2008
So some friends and I were driving in our friends newish car. She rolled her window down and him and her proceeded to play up and down with the window. It stopped working for a little bit and and she told him to force it up. He forced it up and the belt broke and she had to pay $40 for a new one. Should my friend have to pay for the window?

Better version:
Ok.

Car belonged to friend 1, the driver.

Friend 2, "broke window"

Friend 1 rolls window down and Friend 2 rolls it back up and they do that back and forth for a minute or so. Window stops working and Friend 1 tells Friend 2 to force it up, Friend 2 does so and the window breaks.

I don't understand who did what exactly. Explain your story better.

Whose car was it?

Who was driving?

Give us names and better timelines.

well he shud pay for mesing with it, but she told him to pull on it, which made it break

i dont thing they should pay. they thing was gonna break at some point. now, if they were abusing it, putting weight on it or whatever then yea make them pay.

thats how i feel, but im the kind of guy that would pay for it.

If the owner told him to pull it up and it broke as a result it's the owner's problem. If I was a dumbass and told a friend to crank the shit out of a stuck bolt while working on my car and he broke the damn thing I wouldn't hold him responsible.

I said that he should meet her half way and pay for $20. She told him to force it up and if it broke because of something she told him to do, it's hardly his fault.

i wouldnt make my friend pay for it if i told him to force it up...

if he had forced it up without asking me...hell yeah

fuck no

1. what was she doing in a car and not in the kitchen?
2. no, she told him to do it. I would not drop a dime for it.

Whoever broke it should pay for it. Since they are both fucking around with it, make them split the cost.

Back