Rules about hand luggage on an airplane?

Ohio

Mar 15, 2010
I recently was stopped at the gate and told to put my mini suitcase in the gage (yes I had majorly overpacked it creating a hump) and it wouldn't fit. Determined I was getting my luggage on as hand luggage I took out loads of jumpers and wore them, eventually I realised it was just a centimetre off and I just shoved some jeans and shorts up my top.

I got it to fit and the woman bitterly let me on saying that she would let me off this time but I wasn't allowed to stuff my top.

I was perfectly fine thinking this was true, until next time I flew from that airport I saw her at another gate making someone put their hand luggage in cargo. Seems this woman is pretty determined to ruin others lives and I was wondering if there's actually nothing stopping you from putting stuff up your top since she let me on the plane.

I commute for university, therefore I travel back and forth for holidays and breaks. It also costs the same amount of money to book cargo luggage as it does to book the actual flight therefore doubling my costs. Uni student = poor.

Back