rich fudgy brownie recipe?

BotenAnna

Oct 19, 2010
every year my mom brings home a brownie from a bake sale. it is so rich and fudgy, after one bite i immediately needed a gulp of milk. it was like eating fudge but in a cake form. the texture was the perfect combination of dense and cakey.

please i need a recipe that can produce a brownie like this, i love to bake and it is torture to eat something so delicous but have no idea how to re-make it.

I've been making brownies for years. I've tried all sorts of recipes.

I keep coming back to the recipe on the back of the Hershey Cocoa box and I get perfect fudgy brownies. I think the reason people get dried out brownies is that they over cook them. Notice how the recipe says 20 to 25 minutes? I start checking mine 17 minutes after I put them in the oven.

Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING (recipe follows) OPTIONAL
or dust with powdered sugar.

Directions

1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.

2 Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.

3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING; spread over brownies. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.

CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING

3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk

Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk;
beat to spreading consistency. About 1 cup frosting.

I'm pretty sure these 'brownies' have been coming from your septic system

Does anyone have a good recipe for fudgy brownies?
I love chewy, fudgy brownies, but I believe I'm cursed with only being about to make cakey ones. Every time I try, they turn out cakey. Does anyone have a really good fudgy recipe?

THANKS!

Back