R4i DS Gold Stopped Working (Black Screen)?

Taylor

May 11, 2008
My boyfriend has a DSi, bought the R4i Gold and had it working perfectly until one day he started getting a black screen when he clicked on the game icon in the DS menu. I found the R4i cartridge the other day and he said I could have it but explained the problem and said he wasn't sure if it could be fixed or not.

I started by trying to read the micro SD through my computer and it said there was nothing on it. I find this odd because a game title comes up on the DS menu when you try to use it. I decided to format the micro SD to ensure it would be entirely blank.

I then followed instructions I found online (Putting the latest version of Wood on it and ROMs) and I am 99% sure I have done this part correctly as I followed the tutorials pretty closely and made sure I had all the correct downloads for the R4i Gold card in particular.

This is the point where most people fixed their problems and could play, but when I put the R4 in my 3DS the exact same thing happened, the game title (which is a game not on the micro SD) came up and when I selected it a black screen appeared and told me to reset my console and consult my manual (meaning the 3DS manual).

I'm just curious as to whether this R4 is a lost cause and simply needs replacing or if other people have had this problem and fixed it by themselves. Also, I am intending to run it on my 3DS if that would cause any further complications (though I only intend to run normal DS ROMs)?

Thanks for your time. :)

Back