Martial Arts Fitness Stats Test (MMA)?

BARD

Aug 12, 2008
I'm currently training to be an MMA fighter. I'm now creating my own Character Stat Sheet, so I'll know which part I can improve on in my training to become better. So, I'm going to undergo some tests on myself and I broke it down into : Strengths, Speed, Cardio, Footwork, Focus, Balance, Reflexes, Strikes and Accuracy (ofcourse, there are others like clinch, grappling, take down and submissions but those doesn't require tests, just constant training to become better).Once a week I will track my progress and see how much I've improved. These are just tests, not the training itself. My tests include these:
Strength Test:
Test 1 :Do as many push ups as you can until failure.
Test 2: Do a handstand pushup as many as you can (You can use a wall)

Speed Test:
Test 1: Sprint Run 200 M, time your speed
Test 2: Vertical jump as quickly as you can within 1 minute

Cardio Test:
Test 1: Jumping Jacks. Do as fast as you can until fail. As soon as you stop,
end of test.
Test 2: Just like speed test 1 but do not stop. Once you stop, end of test.

Footwork:
Test 1: Jump rope and long as you can. If your foot hits the rope or you lose
balance, stop and calculate amount of jumps.
Test 2: Have a partner roll a ball to the ground towards you. Sprawl, catch and
throw the ball. Continue until you miss a ball and then calculate number of balls
caught.

Focus Test:
Test 1: Shadow box on a punching bag. Partner will shout out random
punching and kicking combinations. If you lose focus and make a mistake, end of
test.
Test 2:

Balance Test:
Test 1: Stand tall. Lift one knee up (left or right). Bring leg front, then back to
standing, then side, back to position, back, then back to position and finally cross
back (like rollerblading or skiing) then back to starting. Throughout the process, that
one foot should not touch the floor. If you touch the floor or go off balance, end of
test. Alternate foot.
Test 2: Place a measuring tape on the floor, around 3 meters. Walk on the tape with
one foot right in front of the other (no gaps) reach until the end of the tape, turn and
reach the other side. As soon as you lose balance, end of test.

Reflex Test:
Test 1: Stand against a wall. Have a partner throw a tennis ball at you. Avoid all of the balls
thrown. As soon as it hits you, test ends.
Test 2: Have a partner (make sure he wears gloves and you wear a head pad). Your partner will
attempt to do a jap and straight and you have to sway to avoid it. Start off slow and then your
partner speeds up. As soon as he/she hits you, end of test

Striking Speed Test:
Test 1: One hand/leg at a time. Punch a punching bag (right or left). Punch/kick as fast as you can
within 1 minute each arm/foot. Count amount of punches each hand.
Test 2: ?

Striking power test:
If you have the punching/kicking power machine, that would be great.
Test 1: Lay a punching bag on the floor standing. Punch it as hard as you can calculate how far it has moved.
Test 2: ?

Accuracy Test:
If you have a speed bag or double-end bag, that would be great
Test 1: Hang a tennis ball on a rope. Eye level. Punch or kick it. If you miss, end of test. Give 3 tries and calculate
the average.
Test 2: Have a friend throw/hit a tennis ball at you and kick/punch the ball. If you miss, end of test. Have 3 tries and
calculate the average.

If you have any suggestions or changes, let me know :)

Back