Looking for Home Theatre Receiver?

Eric

May 11, 2008
I have 2 vintage Monitor5 Polk Monitors that I got off craigslist for 100 bucks. They are great speakers, and I had an old Stereo Receiver that I plugged them into, but the receiver has died and now I want to buy a nice Dolby/Digital Receiver.

I have an Optoma HD71 projector that has audio out, so I would like to run audio through that for when i have HDMI plugged into the Wii or my MacBook Pro. I will eventually get a center channel and two rears but right now I have just the two speakers.

Heres what I will run through the receiver..

-Wii (component)
-Nintendo 64 (and others that use just composite)
-MacBookPro through HDMI

I already have a a/v switch for all of my systems, I just want a good receiver that will handle these speakers and allow me to balance vocals/dialogue with the sfx. My old receivers SFX were so loud and the dialogue was always very low.

I really have no idea where to start, thanks for the help.
The Yamaha 373BL actually looks like it has 2 Component Inputs and 1 output!!! Can you verify this? Also, I could only find used and refurbished, I'm looking for new one, can you verify this also?

The Pioneer 1022K looks like a great deal though, so I might want to do that! And like you said, I may need a video box switcher, but I already have one that I use for component and composite, all of my systems are plugged into that and is hooked up via component to the projector. The Laptop, XBOX360, and WiiU are connected via HDMI (have to change them out each time though, only one HDMI on the projector. So, what do you think? I'm looking to make a purchase today and then you will receive best answer, also added you to contacts for you seem to be knowledgeable and timelier than my friends. Will also look at the speakers you suggested!
To the second poster, wow that actually looks like a sweet deal but I only need the receiver! Maybe I will just go ahead and get that and use the polk monitors for the front.

Please dont buy from craigslist.. If your budget is under 300 i recommend Yamaha YHT-397.

It is the best selling receiver and highest rating.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YHT-397-5-1-Channel-Theater-System/dp/B007PU2X76/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=tracking03-20&creativeASIN=B0018OKX68&linkCode=as2

Pioneer 1022K looks like a good one too but pioneer brand is not that reputable

Back