Jehovah's Witnesses, Why is Christ recorded as using the name "Father" 262 times?

Iwanttoknowall

May 5, 2013
Jehovah's Witnesses, Why is Christ recorded as using the name "Father" 262 times?

Christ is recorded in the MKJV bible as using the name "Father" 61 times in Matthew, 19 in Mark, 48 in Luke and 134 times in John. I find it very hard to believe that Christ thought the name "Father" was just a title but the only name by which to address His father.

In the site http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/namesofgod.html there are 900+ TITLES for God and they include....

Jealous (Qanna'—Exo. 34:14)
Jealous God (Qanna' `El—Exo. 20:5; Deu. 4:24, etc.)
Jehiah-M'Kaddesh (Hebrew)
Jehovah (Hebrew: ???? or YHWH)
Jehovah `Elohiym or Elohim (Hebrew—Gen. 3:23, etc.)
Jehovah-Jireh (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Mekoddishkem (Hebrew—meaning: “The Lord Who Sanctifies You”)
Jehovah-M'Kaddesh (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Nissi (Hebrew: YHWH-Nissi or Yahweh-Nissi—“The LORD our Banner”—Exodus 17:8-15)
Jehovah-Ra'ah (Hebrew—meaning: “The Lord is my Shepherd”—Psa. 23:1)
Jehovah-Rapha (Hebrew: YHWH-Rapha—meaning: “The Lord that Healeth”—Exodus 15:26)
Jehovah-Rohi (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Rophe (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Sabaoth (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Shalom (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Shammah (Hebrew—meaning: “The Lord is There”)
Jehovah-Tsidkenu (Hebrew—meaning “The Lord our Righteousness”)
Je-Hoshua (“Jehovah is Salvation”)

To me it seems clear that the TITLE of Jehovah is just one of many TITLES and as Christ used Father 262 times that should be the only way to address God.
@Jorgie Girl 4, you are one of a very few that can find a reference to Christ addressing His father as Jehovah as there is nowhere in any bible [therefore not the fiction novel NWT] where it can be translated to Christ even using the word YHWH let alone a 12 century made up name of Jehovah.

@SUNSHINE, if you call your father "father" and people don't know who you are talking about, it does not speak well of your mother and your unknown father.

When he was alive, my NAME for my father was Daddy it was not his title, that was Mr. ....... God has even told us we can call Him by His very personal name of ABBA [Daddy].

Jesus addressed his father as "father," because he was. But he also addressed him as Jehovah because he was his GOD, as well. You have done your research well with all the many times Jehovah is used, but it is only Jehovah that has that holy name to set him apart from all the false and pagan gods, and it was to JEHOVAH that Jesus, his son, would pray to.

Therefore, Jehovah's witnesses always use God's personal name when we pray to him in imitation of his
son.

Good question!

Back