Is this a good workout/diet to lose weight? Suggestions?

JoshPitt

Mar 5, 2013
I'm 6'3 245 lbs. I want to be 190 lbs. I'm 21 and a guy.

breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs and banana
lunch- turkey sandwich, apple, 10 baby carrots
dinner- 8oz chicken breast, green beans, baked potato or mac and cheese

workout- push, pull, legs, push, pull, legs, walk/run 4 miles and do 100 situps every day

push- flat bench, incline dumbbell, military dumbbell press, tricep push downs, push ups
pull- lat pulldowns, seated rows, reverse lat pulldowns, shrugs, barbell curls
legs- squat, leg press, straight leg deadlift
3 sets of 10 for every exercise
walk/run- run 1 minute, walk until I finish lap, repeat for 4 miles

That sounds just fine, but remember to eat a pre- and post- workout meal. They should be around 150-200 calories, nothing too big, and include instant carbs and some protein. Something like a banana and an egg, 2 hours before your workout and try to eat 20-60 minutes after to let your muscles rebuild. I would add in a few snacks to your meal plan, too. 5 small meals is better than 3 large ones (though your meals are pretty small, already). If you can, cut out the walking and just run the whole thing. If you can't do that yet, work up to it. And remember to drink a lot of water!

Yes, even though I'm a girl it sounds like a good plan. As long as you keep at it and don't give up, and you should get the right results. Basically all you have to do is exercise and watch what type of food you eat and how much you eat. Hope this help good luck on your diet....

Back