I need a good (freeware) program that will burn my mpeg2 files to a DVD?

Seeker2008

Sep 29, 2008
I have lots and lots of mpeg2 format video clips on my computer that are on average about 2GB to 4GB in size. I've been using Windows DVD Maker. It's freaking SLOW as it could be. Takes an hour for just one of the files to "encode" and then the time to burn the DVD itself. Is there anything else that works a lot faster than this?

I recommend using DVD Flick as I believe it supports MPEG-2 and it's fairly easy and takes about 20 minutes to burn DVD's (4 GB) so it should be pretty fast and simple to use.

Dear, the freeware are hopeless.
Some shareware have the functions you need, you can have a try first.
ImTOO MPEG to DVD Converter is a typical example. It converts MPEG1, MPEG2 and MP4 to DVD and burn it to DVD disc easily and fast.

Key Features
Manually trim MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MP4 video files, and convert the desired video segment to DVD movie.
Burn MPEG file to DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, DVD-RAM, DVD-5, DVD-9.
Support selecting NTSC or PAL, adjusting 4:3 and 16:9 video aspect, automatically creating chapter.
Choose any segment of a DVD title as miniature to be played in the menu preview window on your DVD menu.
ImTOO MPEG to DVD Converter can set after-done actions (shutdown, Exit, hibernate, standby) for you.
Allow you to take a snapshot of favorite movie images when previewing MPEG video and save as BMP format.

There is a really good free iPod video converter, it is best video converter ever I used.
It will open your files automatically when you choose, Easy tool.

WinX Free iPod Video Converter
http://www.winxdvd.com/ipod-converter/

Back