I live in Mass, but have a FTA warrant for Indiana. How can I clear it up without...

carloan

Oct 22, 2012
...going there? I lived out in Indianapolis for a little over a year. In February of 2007, I was arrested for public intoxication while walking home from the bar. I told the officer I decided to walk instead of drive (he said I did the right thing), however I was still arrested. Long story short, I paid a lawyer a decent amount of money to handle the situation. I moved back to Mass at the end of 2008 and by that point the Johnson country prosecutor put me on a pretrial diversion program. I had to pay a fine and stay out of trouble for two years. I sent all of the paperwork and money to my lawyer at that time. About 2 months later, I received a letter from my lawyer explaining that my court case has been resolved out of Greenwood city court, and there was nothing left for me to do on the matter. I recently went to renew my drivers license and found out I have an active warrant out of Indiana for Failure to appear. I have called my lawyer a few times and have not received a reply from him. The prosecutor told me to call the court house. I called them and they say I need to turn myself in and bring bail money to get back out. The problem is, I have a wife and kids, and currently unemployed. I have no way of getting to Indiana, not to mention money for bail. Is there anyway of finding out exactly why they want me back there? Also why all of a sudden I am wanted for a FTA? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Back