I have a Fiat Punto 94/95 (M reg) which just recently failed its MOT, and needs

nikita

May 28, 2008
fixing!? I have a Fiat Punto 94/95 (M reg) which just recently had my car MOT and it failed on a few, what seem to be, minor things. But I dont know whether its worth doing myself or taking it to a garage to be ripped of!

1. Nearside headlamp insecure
2. Offside headlamp aim too low
3. Offside rear fog lamp not in good working order (not working)

Any one knows what it means and how to go about fixing it?
Im really useless when it comes to cars

A Haynes manual for your car is a sound investment. It not only tells you how to do these kind of jobs on your car, it also lets you know how difficult a job is and what tools you will require.

Halfords sell haynes manuals for about £15.

The sure way to pass the inspection is to pay the garage that did the inspection to fix it. They know they have you over a barrel and they make good money aiming headlights, although yours truly sounds in need of repairs.

Get the garage who did the MOT to do the repairs or get someone who knows a bit more than you about cars. It sounds like just a bit of adjustment and replacing a bulb in the fog light.

Get the garage who did the MOT to do the repairs or get someone who knows a bit more than you about cars. It sounds like just a bit of adjustment and replacing a bulb in the fog light.

The headlamp may need refixing or if it is badly broken you may have to replace the whole unit.

The fog lamp maybe just has a blown bulb or fuse.

When rebooking the MOT as the garage to set the lights up for you - not easy to do at home. They will charge a little to do that usually

The headlamp may need refixing or if it is badly broken you may have to replace the whole unit.

The fog lamp maybe just has a blown bulb or fuse.

When rebooking the MOT as the garage to set the lights up for you - not easy to do at home. They will charge a little to do that usually

Back