i have a 2000 fiat punto jtd problem is now and again it wont start and we cant...

MichaelElson

Sep 11, 2010
...figure out whats wrong? hi i dont know wheteher any1 can help me shed some light on this problem im having, the problem is my w reg fiat punto elx jtd, when i start it up it says oil hi on the dash but then still starts up, then yesterday it began just saying oil and a load of 0000000s now a few times its not started, the first time was a few days ago i went out in the morning and it wouldnt start so i left it for a bit got a jump and then it started, i then drove it around for a while and it was ok for the rest of the day starting how it should then yesterday morning it started fine i drove to my local shop came back and it wouldnt start again then eventually it did, then again this morning it wouldnt start again the thing is it turns over fine but it doesnt even try to kick up but then the other times when its been ok it starts straight away, the oil level is fine, i have been told that it could be the oil pressure switch at fault for the dash reading but surely that wouldnt stop the engine from starting, no lights stay on on the dash on ce it starts i really dont know whats happening please could someone help :(

Back