How to restrict torrent bandwidth on WiFi network?

ChiragVora

Feb 8, 2013
Can anyone explain me how to restrict torrent download speed over WiFi.
I use belkin N-300 it does NOT ship with QoS. So suggest an alternate, I don't want a full proof blocking solution.

What I want to provide equal download speeds to all users connected to WiFi...
I cant disallow the person who's using torrent from accessing WiFi.
And I cannot have access to his PC (so I cannot restrict bandwidth from torrent client.)

for utorrent
preference>bandwidth>under global download rate limit u can set max download speed above this u can limit the upload speed too....

and for restrict other pc change ur wep key or u can do some hit n trial method see what i do is
if u are using win 7 then go in network and conection under ur modem icon u can see who are connected and under other computer icon chk some setting may this will do some things or search on net about some software
aahhh 1 more solution internet security or firewall will help u yes yes this will help u the same line above is compatible with internet security u can restrict sites by software method......

may this help u best of luck.....

Most all torrent clients allow you to change the rate of downloads and uploads within the program. Rather than dick around in your router just individually adjust the rate at which the clients can download on each system.

Back