How safe is it to torrent using these precautions?

Remember2Wipe

May 5, 2013
If you're here to lecture me, don't. I don't make a habit out of this. I buy stuff from people I like. I just occasionally torrent to see if I like something, if I do then I'll buy it. Like Game of Thrones and The Wire. I torrented the first episode and then bought all the seasons. I have pirated some software though (i.e. Photoshop) But now that I've been reading about this 6 strikes rule I've become more concerned about my privacy. Currently I use proxies to download torrents and I've tested them to make sure they work at: http://checkmytorrentip.com/#

The proxies always work but according to this site but I'm still concerned. I have forced encryption on and have tweaked the settings in BitTorrent to max my privacy from what I've read on blogs and such (still list off what I should do in case I've missed something). To name a few I've limited my upload and download so my ISP doesn't see a large amount of bandwidth usage. I have forced encryption on and many other things like that. I also have peerblock.

I really don't want to get an email when I do torrent something (last thing I torrented was photoshop about 1 1 /2 months ago. What are my odds of getting caught here?

You can still get caught how ever your chances of being caught might be lowered a little bit. I torrent programs without doing any of the stuff you do I just dirrctly download them which I shouldn't do I guess but I never got caught don't worry your chances are low

Back