How many people fall for the scam that "full size or extra large SUV...

math1

Nov 24, 2008
...means big room for the driver"? US Automakers like Ford, GM, and Chrysler have gone for years fooling buyers of large SUV, that they will get lots of space inside the car. The only space that gets expanded is the engine size space and the cylinder space, to consume more gas. The cabin is nowhere larger than a sedan. In fact, hyundai elantra and subaru impreza compact cars for less than 20,000 dollars would provide more leg room and more spacious interior for the driver than a 55000 dollar chevrolet suburban. Yet these big SUV fools, think they got lots of interior room. That interior room is not for the main driver!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2004-01-14-tootall_x.htm
The now defunct Ford excursion provided less leg room than the scion compact car. Yet many Excursion drivers bragged about how much interior room they have. lol
i drove the 2011 hyundai elantra and it had 43.5 inches front leg room. That way way more than 70,000 dollar audis and lexus. No full size SUV even offers that much space. This shows how little research most SUV buyers do
equalize: Kia Optima offers 45.5 inches front leg room. The maximum leg room in the entire auto industry. No car beats that. Do the research
kia and hyundai are both the leaders in interior space right now. They lead the leg room rankings of all cars. Even Kia Forte has 43.5 inches leg room, which no GM, Chrsyler or Ford model can provide. Same with elantra, sonata, etc etc
RLP: For everyone except the person driving it.

I like cars better. They handle better and go faster, don't take as much fuel as an SUV. I like the feeling of sitting down lower to the ground.

I drive a VW Jetta that has plenty of room.

I miss the days of having a 427 cubic-inch V8 with the double 4 bbl carburetor and 425hp.

i have known this for years. That's why I will never buy an SUV. Most SUV buyers are fooled into the false sense of security that they have big interior.

The largest and most comfortable interiors that exist are in sedans, not SUV. SUV is only meant to load more cargo. There is no other function at all. It has nothing to do with performance, safety, space, etc etc.

And the same amount of cargo that large SUV's carry, can be contained in a station wagon like subaru outback and the outback has all wheel drive and every other feature SUV has. Plus it consumes less gasoline and is safer because SUV have big rollover tendency.

It is pointless to buy any SUV

How can you FALL FOR something that's TRUE?

SUVs have a lot of room in them...for everyone. And I love them.

I will disagree. I own the Kia that the 6.4 mans head is just barely not touching the roof when he has to drive it, He owns the Dodge that gives him more leg room, actual inches between head and roof, lol

I also had to drive the dodge while pregnant because I didn't fit the Kia.

I have the Spectra =P

Back