which is better buy, 2012 hyundai veracruz or 2012 toyota highlander?

RIPmybelovedrottie

Nov 23, 2012
They both have the same starting price of around 28,000 dollars. And I will buy base model (lowest price trim for 2012) only. I can't go into trims that are more expensive with leather seats, AWD, etc etc. I don't need AWD and fabric or cloth seats is good for me.

At the price of 28K, the base model of highlander has a significantly weaker engine than veracruz. It has only 4 cylinders and like 170 horsepower. Veracruz in comparison for the base model of same price has 3.5 liter, 260 horsepower engine.

The interior room and dimensions are similar in both for the base model.

Toyota is known for reliability but hyundai has shown tremendous improvement in recent years too, and somehow the highlander engine is too small and underpowered for the base model. Its quite a heavy vehicle and its engine is even smaller than the camry.
just in case if someone here says, Buy American then I have to say that NONE of the American SUV offer as much legroom as veracruz (42.5 inches) and highlander (43.2 inches) do. Being tall man, I can't drive cramped vehicles. Although GM, Chrylser and Ford SUV do have big exterior and interiors, the leg room for the driver is always cramped. I've researched the leg room carefully

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2012/10/video-japanese-brands-tops-in-consumer-reports-2012-car-reliability-survey-ford-continues-fall.html

Back