How do you make your hamster more comfortable in its travel cage?

Confuzzled

Jun 3, 2008
I bought a little travel cage because i'm going on a trip tomorrow, and I couldn't leave my little baby alone for a week! So, I would like to know how to make her more comfortable in it for the 5 hour trip tomorrow. I put some new fluff (bedding) in the bottom, as well as some fluff from her normal cage to give her a familiar scent to make her comfortable. I also put her normal house in it, and also a little jungle gym piece to climb on. When I put her in there tonight, (the night before the trip) to get comfortable and used to it, she acted all frantic! Is it because it is just new to her? What should I do to make her more comfortable?

She is just curious and is checking the new place out. It was smart of you to put her in the night before, though. :D Have fun!

Shes just not used to it! She will most likely find a nice place to sleep and fix up the place as she likes it, and then tomorrow in the care she will most likely sleep! Just make sure it isn't in a place it could move around or fall if you slam the breaks. Also maybe give her a treat seed bar tomorrow before the trip so if she wakes up she can focus on munching on her treat rather than being stressed about being in a moving vehicle. Good luck to you and your hammy!!

Back