Has anyone dealt with fish food molding or ick?

depecheroni

Sep 3, 2008
So I have a 20 gallon fish tank with 6 neons and a betta. I have had them for a week and a half maybe and I've noticed most of my fish food falls to the bottom and starts molding. I have mold everywhere! I got some out only to notice I missed a lot of little peices in the plants and behind the plants and now there is more mold from the latest feedings. I hardly put any food in there...seriously...like 2 flakes since I was thinking I was just feeding them too much. Is the mold bad to keep in the tank? I don't want to constantly be sucking mold out of the tank, what a pain! It doesn't look that nice in the tank though. I use the color inhancing flakes. I don't think my betta is eating. He just sits at the top in the same place and doesn't move hardly. I have also noticed my fish have white spots all over. My husband says they have ick. I have noticed that some days some fish have no spots while others they are covered. Would that still be ick then if their condition fluctuates? The betta has them all the time, so I'm going to the fish store when it opens. Just wondering if anyone could help me out.

Back