Final Fantasy VII Trivia: What's with the Omnislash?

TonyB1

May 29, 2008
Greetings all video game and anime fans! Today, I would like to question the potential of Cloud Strifes Omnislash Limit Break technique from the FFVII series. Omnislash is an extremely powerful move that can easily overwhelm and kill the most life threatening life forms... or things (That means you WEAPON.) out there. Omnislash is depicted a insane sword slashing combanation that create small energy explosions after every slash. This is the first Omnislash presented in the series.
Now, ever sense Advent Children came out, the Omnislash was presented in different manner. Instead of a huge combanation of swords slashes, the sword that Cloud uses (The First Tsurugi) splits into every blade that he had used and he slashes his helpless opponent using those blades with based energy slashes. This is the Omnislash Ver 5. There are some questions that I would like to clarify for myself:
- Is the Omnislash weaker than Omnislash ver 5? (Strangely enough, in the Dissindia game, Omnislash version 5 was just a regular move, while the Omnislash itself is Cloud's LIMIT BREAK/ SUPER MOVE. But, on Advent Children Complete, Cloud attempted to use the limit break Omnislash and Sephiroth blocked it EFFORTLESSLY. But, then Cloud used the REGULAR move Omnislash Ver. 5 on Sephiroth and he was DEVASTATED! Strange isn't it?)
- What would it be like if the other "versions" of the Omnislash technique was used?
- Does it ACTUALLY require Cloud to have the FIRST TSURUGI, instead of his former weapon the Buster Sword? (Once again, on Dissindia, Cloud was capable of using Omnislash ver. 5 with no problem, EVEN when using the Buster Sword.)
- How strong is the Buster Sword really? ( Cloud's best friend, Zack mentioned that he would use the other side of the blade. The Buster Sword is clearly capable of slashing things wide open... But, its not quite as stronge as it looks and it was easily outclassed by blades like the Ultima Weapon. There was also some confusion when Zack fought Sephiroth with it... and Angeal using it to slash a Wutai monster... and Cloud slashing Sephiroth through the chest... hmmmm...)

Although, Square gave a few clarifications on the Omnislash, as well as the Buster Sword, I want to see what others have to say about it.

Back