Fellow Christian ladies: What is a bible verse that has meant a lot to you?

Amy

May 14, 2008
Mine is Song of Solomon 4:7:

"All beautiful you are, my darling;
there is no flaw in you."

Isaiah 55:11
11So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

"As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?" (1 Cor. 14:33b-36 NIV).

"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.""I

I think it's funny how all of the verses that blatantly put women down are getting thumbed down.

Such hypocrites.

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

--1 Peter 3:3-4

Isaiah 40:31

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; thew will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

That is my all-time favourite bible verse. I get so much from it. I love it!!!!!

Back