Easy to cook meals for leftovers?

heatbox

Nov 7, 2011
I convinced my friend to hire me as his personal assistant because he is always traveling, and I was always house sitting anyways. One of my tasks is to cook a few meals a week that can easily be reheated since he is a man and likes to use the microwave for everything! I was thinking pastas will be easy, but I want some variety. As far as I know he doesn't have any food restrictions, although there is Kefir and other Kosher things in his fridge.

Stew, meatloaf, chili, mac and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, ziti, lasagna all freeze well.

Another thing you could do is cook a regular meal and make a plate sort of like a TV dinner. Wrap it in plastic wrap and then foil to freeze and then when he's ready he takes off the foil and zaps for 5-10 minutes.

I do this for my son. His favorite is a pork chop dinner, so whenever I make them for us I make and freeze a plate for him to heat in his dorm microwave.

white rice and chicken sauce is nice. Remember I said sauce, not soup.
buy a thing of chicken thigh with bones attached. just cut nice small pieces around the bones.
sautee onion, add a little tomato sauce, add chicken, green pepers, cilantro, salt, cumin, black pepper.
mix together for 5 minutes. Add a small amount of water. let cook for 15 minutes and voila.
The chicken wont overcook and will be very juicy and aromatic . make some rice in rice cooker and freeze it for him. Tell him to serve the chicken and rice side by side when he wants to eat.

DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU ARE WORKING WITH YOU CAN MAKE ALOT OF MEALS WITH LEFTOVERS. FOR EXAMPLE WHEN I HAVE LEFTOVER GROUND BEEF I MAKE SLOPPY JOES, STUFFED BELL PEPPERS, BAKED POTATO AU GRATIN, CHEESBURGER PASTA, CHILI AND A FEW OTHER THINGS. WITH LEFT OVER CHICKEN YOU CAN MAKE CHICKEN ALFREDO, CHICKEN CHILI, CHICKEN JAMBALYA OR GUMBO.

Back