Doesn't Judaism make more since than Christianity?

Ziggler

Jul 28, 2009
I'm an atheist, but out of those two, doesn't Judaism make sense?

-Everyone is born pure. (Babies are innocent, how are they born with sin?)

-There is one God. Why would God need a son? Why would God become human form?

-No eternal punishment. Why would God punish someone for eternity for finite sins? Makes no sense.

Anyways, that's just what I think, anyone else see it like I do?

I still don't believe in God though..

Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism. Jesus, the Son of God, is the promised Messiah.

Why would God need a son? God doesn't need a son. Why wouldn't God become human? How do you know how God thinks? How do you suppose to know what God needs or doesn't need; what he would or wouldn't do? He's God. His thinking cannot be explained nor understood. Perhaps that's the reason you don't believe; because God doesn't fit into what you want him to do or be or think. Therefore, he can't exist.

Hell is not some sort of fire and brimstone. Hell is living an eternity outside of God's presence, having experienced it once at one's judgment and knowing that one could have lived in God's presence for eternity but continually chose not to. If, with all the signs that God exists, you choose not to believe, why would God force you to be with him in eternity?

As for original sin, it's not a "sin" so much as it is the propensity toward sin as all humans, but Mary, Jesus' mother, are born with. That doesn't make sense?

These are not definitive answers but...

1) Everybody, even children, are born stained with original sin, which can be interpreted as man's rational mind or logic, or our need to find meaning in life, or a whole host of other things that cause us to be unhappy in this world.

2) God had a son to provide a bridge between the divine & humanity. The more I learn about it, the less sense it makes to me. A lot of people claim to understand it, but I think in fact very very few do.

3) Look at the concept of hell as the eternal damnation you inflict upon yourself for all the evil & bad things you did in your life when you have all the time in the world to reflect upon them. Not fire & brimstone, just guilt & regrets.

Hope this helps a little

O then, my beloved brethren, repent ye, and enter in at the strait gate, and continue in the way which is narrow, until ye shall obtain eternal life. O be wise; what can I say more?
Finally, I bid you farewell, until I shall meet you before the pleasing bar of God, which bar striketh the wicked with awful dread and fear. Amen.

answer: It made more sense for me. Judaism also teaches that everyone reaches G-d, not just Jews.

Well, as I understand it, the laws of the old testament, all those INSANE rules found in Leviticus and such, still apply to Jews, whereas they do not apply to Christians. But I might check on that. Other than that, yes, I agree. And, Islam works similarly, with one god, and everyone born pure. I too am an atheist, though, so I don't really know.

Relatively speaking, yes, it makes more sense.

Doesn't make it right, but based on their logical premises, Judaism trounces Christianity for sensibility.

Judaism makes a lot of sense if they didn't reject Jesus Christ.
But since Jesus Christ is Lord, Christianity makes more sense.

Back