Does a "Christian" consider him/herself a "Christian" based only on their belief....?

SupaStar

Aug 13, 2011
Does a "Christian" consider him/herself a "Christian" based only on their belief....?

...that "Jesus is their savior", and it does not MATTER what is or is not in the bible?

That as long as they have that ONE belief, that is all that is required?

If people truly believe that Jesus is their Savior then they can not ignore His teachings.Unless of course they want to anger Him.:hammer punch:

Yes I agree 100% that's like saying your in a gang because you belive their the best.

I just want to wear that paladin armor. because if i join buddha and wear the armor it doesn't make sense. beefy body is better on the armor.

Sort of yes and sort of no. The thing that really matters is that we have a relationship with Jesus and believe in him, as that is of course the fundamental belief of Christianity. However the bible is fantastic guidance for our lives and how to follow Jesus. The two points sort of encompass the same thing - the whole bible is basically entirely pointing to Jesus - so it's sort of impossible to believe Jesus is your saviour but discount what the bible says

I believe there will be many who agree with that assessment, however I do not.
A woman accepts the proposal of marriage, takes her husbands name and becomes part of him as his Mrs.

Likewise, a Christian believer, is lead by God to read or hear The Gospel of Jesus Christ, responds to it, repents, is baptized in the Name of Jesus for the remission of his sins and receives the gift of The Holy Ghost, which makes him a member of the body of Jesus Christ, which is The Church.
The pattern is the same, albeit the material is different.
Muslims who have tried it, like it and never go back.

I used to consider myself a Christian. It was a belief in there being one god and that he sent his son to die for those who would repent of their sins and that it was all explained in the bible. As time went on and I ventured to read the bible, the writings seemed to drift from the sublime to the rediculous.

I stopped believing that the bible was the word of god, but I continued to consider myself a Christian. Time and a questioning mind has since taken a toll on me. Today I consider myself an agnostic (sitting on a fence and not knowing what way to fall).

God considers them saved based upon their faith in Jesus Christ,
God considers all others dead in their sins, period

Back