Doctor's medicine made my cough worse, should I continue taking it?

karen

May 14, 2008
I've had it for a week now, and my mom took me to see our doctor on day 6. I took the 1 dose of Delsym, then another later as instructed and 1 Azithromycin pill like my doctor said. Over night I couldn't sleep because I kept waking up coughing HARD coughs. However, usually my coughing has dark, yellow or green phlegm but it was gone after I took those medicine.

The whole day my coughing was more persistant. They didn't hurt, the majority was phlegmless unlike the ones this past week. In a way I got better, but I also got worse.

It's been raining so I could've just gotten worse from that.. should I just stop thinking and just take the damn meds?
I got sick because I ate a bunch of hot cheetos LOl. Then my tongue was swollen, I got a 103 fever in my sleep but it got better in an hour. The first two nights it was just like that. I felt hot and sometimes my knuckles turned red from feeling hot. But now that's all gone and what's left is a regular cough. But I didn't get a chance to tell my doctor that. He just said I needed antibiotics LOL Does the cause of it make a huge difference too? ):

Back