Do you guys think technology in the distant future will make controlling...

normaluser

Jan 5, 2012
...the elements a possibility? First read before thinking I'm crazy. (Fully if you can)

I'm fascinated with the elements, and more specifically, their control. If you really have no idea what I'm talking about, watch the cartoon, Avatar: The Last Airbender, it basically sums it up nicely.

Anyway, here's the actual proposal.
So think how technology has advanced over the hundreds of years. At first it was just the invention of the wheel, and now it's jets and high tech computers. What I'm trying to get at is that technology has had an obvious incline in it's capacity. What once was thought of unthinkable is now a reality.

So if technology keeps going up like it is now, do you guys think maybe in a thousand years or so controlling the elements can become a reality?

To make it clear, I'm talking about technological advances that make one capable of controlling the wind, fire, earth, and water. I know of a website such as http://www.psychic-experiences.com and honestly, as much as I would love to believe people's stories on there, it seems too unrealistic to me. Just how they describe things could for all we know be just a coincidence. Plus, I'm the kind of person who needs to see it to believe it.

This is all just a technological question, not one based on one's "chi" or energy. Not saying it's false, just that this is not an argument for it.

Think of it this way: Attach a propeller to a glove. Have a remote that you can easily control. BAM! Now you have airbending powers! This is a very basic idea, but it seems plausible.

Anyway, this is just me bored at 2:30AM on a school night. Can't sleep so I thought I would ask this question. I'm generally interested in the concept and what people have to say about it.

Back