Do you agree that the Republicans are mostly complaining that Obamas reaction was

Bulwinkle

May 30, 2010
not good enough theater? I keep pressing for what he did wrong and they mostly complain he did not do the right dramatic moves.

If you disagree please list specifically what he should of done.

Actually, it's the LIBERAL LEFT that's up in arms

Republicans are just sitting back ENJOYING the theatre; nothing like a good implosion!

yh but am sure if obama at the beginning of the incident was over dramatic the same republicons will say he was over reacting and posturing excessively. haha

pls ans
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgPPs2XwZyrVNSe6b.NePw7sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20100615054304AAMycHW

and so many people wonder why so many people were against electing someone without experience. now they know.

I don't know.. maybe I'm a bit of a nit picker, but...

THERE WAS A FREAKING RESPONSE PLAN IN PLACE TO DEAL WITH PROBLEMS LIKE THIS... AND OBAMA PREVENTED IT FROM BEING USED.

Further.. he prevented state officials from taking actions like building sand banks to protect shore lines.

This isn't just Obama's normal incompetence.. he's playing politics with this, and hurting a lot of people.

Seriously he probably could not do more, after all he is not a oil engineer...just a community organizer and a liar.

It was not good in performance or execution. If the rhetoric wasn't there, it would be Ok, but it's the fact that the rhetoric is as weak and directionless as the reaction.

Since the federal government has jurisdiction over territorial waters and must give its permission for the building of sand berms or the placement of other devices or constructions to block the oil, it showed remarkably poor leadership for Obama to let the Gulf coast states wait for weeks, without any communication, before getting a late response to allow them to protect their shorelines from the incoming oil. If Obama has been on top of the situation from the start like he claimed, if he had one ounce of leadership ability, he would have been working closely with the state governments AND BP to direct and organize and coordinate the effort, and eliminate all the typical regulatory and red-tape roadblocks that have delayed and prevented action.

Back