DivX Online Player Issues?

thatgirl

May 23, 2008
Lately, when I try to watch DivX videos online, the player buffers to 100% and starts for a half second, then immediately skips back to the beginning of the video. Then, the cycle either repeats, or just stays on a black player screen. The other issue that sometimes happens is that the timer on the player will start, the timing bar indicates that the video is fully loaded, and the stream indicates that the video is playing-- but the screen stays completely black, and there's no audio. This was happening every few times I tried to watch a DivX video, and I thought maybe my version of DivX needed to be updated. So I went to DivX.com and downloaded the update.

The problem is that now every video I try to watch on a DivX player only plays for a half second, or plays through a silent black screen. These are NOT buffering issues. Other players (Megavideo, VidX, etc.) all work fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I really like watching things best on DivX and I'd love to be able to use it again!

Thanks!

Back