Computer Spec Help - Hey I am a new computer newbie, Are these spec's...

PatrickMccormack

Aug 28, 2011
...good - Power Supply: 500W - CPU: AMD? Hey I am a new computer newbie, Are these spec's good

- Power Supply: 500W

- CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 840 AM3 3.2 ghz cpu

- Motherboard: ASROCK N68CS-UCC

- Cooler: AMD Stock Cooler

- RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

- Hard Drive: 1000GB SATA

- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB Graphics Card

- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)

Built in Universal Memory Card Reader
- Optical Drive: DVD RW

Wireless WiFi Ready Network Card

I Know the graphic card is not very good, so I will buy a better once in the future
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180653759512&category=179&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_2808wt_1139

This the one Am not sure about
Also If I upgraded the graphic's card, would the CPU and Ram hold games like arm2 on max and crysis 1 and 2?

" Power Supply: 500W"

how can we know if its good or not if you dont give the model and brand

Pretty Good. All The Specs Are good except the Graphics Card is a little outdated. And you should go with the AMd Phenom ll X6. It's a little faster. But they will play you todays games on High. But tomorrows games medium. Next weeks games low. You get what I mean.

Your specs are good even for that mid range graphic card, i would rather use that amd radeon hd 5450 than a nvidia gtx 285 ,if i was you ,it's best to increase the psu to 600 watt and get a hd 6850
and the cpu and ram can stay the same, something to think about in the future,good build rating of 9.0

the video card is okay, not great. i would consider upgrading the video card to at least 5670, but i would recommend an nvidia card.

Back