Christians: Why do you pick and choose which parts of the bible you want to follow?

ZeldaFan13

Jun 15, 2008
Why? ALOT of Christians will stand there and say that Homosexuality is a sin. And that it's evil, disgusting, and wrong! And they will use the bible as a defense. Well, the bible also states that a woman must marry her rapist. It says slavery is right. It says stoning people is okay. It also says a woman must NOT speak in church unless her face is covered. It says tatoos and shellfish are evil. (ALOT of Christians have tatoos and eat shellfish). I don't understand. Why do you think it's okay to do this? And don't tell me that "Homosexuality is the biggest sin", cuz it's NOT! The bible says itself that NO sin is great than another.
Galatians 3:27–28:

For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female, there is neither homosexual nor heterosexual; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

THIS is in the NEW Testament...
Galatians 3:27–28:

For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female, there is neither homosexual nor heterosexual; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

THIS is in the NEW Testament...

The quotes you agree with (except the misquote about "neither homosexual or heterosexual") are in the New Testament and the teachings you disagree with are in the Old Testament.

WELCOME TO CHRISTIANITY !

Okay let me introduce you to a concept

Old Testament

and

New Testament

We follow the New Testament including when it says homosexuality is sin

Because Christianity nowadays is being treated like a very heavy bucket of mixed precious stones. To spare himself from carrying the heavy load to be sold to a very far shop, one picks up those pieces that he finds more valuable than the others and leaves the rest.

Back