are lg blue ray optical drives compatible with biostar motherboards?

Andy

May 13, 2008
when i insert dvds/cds/blue rays into it nothing pops up, but i know that it works, please help, i dont want to have to buy a new one
it is a biostar smart A880GZ motherboard and a LG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal 12X Blu-ray Combo Drive Model UH12NS29 - OEM optical drive, and it did not come with anyting besides the drive it self, but i had cables to hook it up already
i just got it today, like before i didn't have one because i build my own computer, and okay thank you, and since the optical drive is m-disc does that mean that it wont playback dvds and such?

Your not giving enough information. Please specify which motherboard you are using (model number or at least the specs). If the disc tray opens, then you have power so no need to worry about that. It could be that the SATA data cable is loose on one end, try tightening the connection the the mother board and the drive, but dont apply too much force. If that doesnt work, then it could be the drive not sending proper information or not sending information at all. If it still doesnt work after this, contact the manufacturer to see if its under warranty.

EDIT: The motherboard and Drive are both compatible i can tell you that. Try using a different SATA port on your motherboard, if that doesnt work replace the cable. Did it work before or was it already like this?

Back