92 Dodge Grand Caravan, new belt, new squeal...?

AnonymousM1

Aug 25, 2008
I put a new belt noticed that the idler pulley was bent. I bought a new one, and put it on, and come to find out, the bracket that the idler pulley attaches to was bent. So I removed the entire bracket and was able to bend it back to where the pulley is straight and the belt stays on correctly. I also removed the A/C compressor because it didn't work anyways so I did not want the risk of it locking up completely, so I replaced it with an AC bypass pulley. In the entire repair, I went ahead and replaced the serpentine belt. It ran great, then after 1 day of driving it, the next day, I went the crank it and there is a squeal coming from the belt/pulleys. I have checked to see if the belt had to much tension on it, which is impossible I believe because there is a tension pulley along the route of the serpentine belt. What else could be making the squeal? Also, is maybe the bearings(brand new) in need of lubrication? If so, what would I use to lubricate them with? Any help at this point would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!!

you may have got a bad serpentine belt
happened to me ,the belt was dried out

Back