1990 jeep cherokee repair the starter?

badfish86

Mar 25, 2009
recently had a tune-up repairing oil air and fuel filters, spark plugs and wires, distributor cap and rotor. My 1990 jeep cherokee limited was running fine until I tired to start it this afternoon. With all of these new parts working fine what could be the problem?

it could be multiple things take it to autozone and have the battery tested if it's not the battery it's more than likely the starter jeeps have this problem alot.get someone to tap the starter with a hammer while you turn the key like trying to crank it it might crank but the starter is still bad good news is they are not expensive and very easy to install.

mine had the same problem...many ppl with jeeps have this same problem. does it just die on u when ur driving? and then u cant get it to start? if u open the hood, there should be a fuel valve on the right side ov the motor. unscrew the cap and see if the gas trickles or sprays out. if it trickles, it's something in the fuel line...i wrecked mine fri so, i never rly figured it out but i know it's something in the fuel line.

Back