10 pts.How can I change my ipo or ip whatever it is adress ?should i call my...

ShaellahR

Feb 21, 2009
...internet service and asked them? I got banned from teenspot the java applet server ...and it was for a silly reason and i really really need to get back on.can anyone tell me what to do ?dont tell my the ipconfig/release than renew cause that doesnt do anything at all ....thanks please help please

Steps to Change Your IP Address
Operating System Steps to Change the IP Address
Windows 9x/Me users Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network -> Network card -> TCP/IP -> IP address
Windows XP/2k users Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Local Area Connection -> Properties -> Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
Red Hat Linux Go to System Tools -> Network. You could also use tools as 'linuxconf' or 'netcfg'tool.

Keep in mind that different ISP's have different procedures related to IP address changes and if you requested an IP change once and it was approved, it might not be approved so easily the next time.

Shut down the Internet connection and then start it back up (at the modem). With many ISPs, this will cause you to get a different IP address. Some ISPs just assign the same IP address again, and only change it occasionally. You can ask your ISP to force a different IP address, in that case, but they may not have the desire or technical means to do so (it may be fully automatic).

If you have a static IP address (unlikely unless you've explicitly asked your ISP to give you one), you'll have to ask your ISP to change it.

Back