If i lose internet conection while downloading a file will oit continue

georged

Jun 20, 2008
after i regain internet? I was downloading a 3.7 gb file and when it was about half way done i lost my internet conection. my internet is now conected again but the file is not continueing to download. Im using vista, the file download box is still open and it still shows the little paper flying from the earth to the folder. is there some way to resume the download or will it continue from where it left off if i just exit the file download box and start the download again.
PLEASE HELP IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO DOWNLOAD SO FAR !!!!
oh i wasnt using any managing programs just
IE to download the file. Also i was downloading Yellow Dog Linux for my ps3 not Pirated games/software CHRIS

Unfortunately no. If you were using mozilla firefox you would be able to resume the downloads. But internet explorer is a typical microsoft application and is only built to stress people out

you will have to restart the file saving process and it may not take a long depending if your computer saved an image of the data up until your internet stopped. but it will not continue on its own because you lost connectivity.

Back