I just got out of a 5 yr abusive relationship & now in an amazing new one & ppl...

MelanieS

Jun 9, 2008
I just got out of a 5 yr abusive relationship & now in an amazing new one & ppl...

...are gossiping. What do i do? I got out of my 5 yr relationship about a month ago, it took a dramatic thing for it to happen, we got into a fight n I got taken to jail cause i left a mark on him, but he was keeping me from my phone for calling for help. I had met my new guy a few weeks before our official breakup, but I had been preparing myself in every way possible for this break up. I had been ready for awhile. My new boyfriend and I are truly in love, he stuck by my side through the whole drama of me going to jail n everything that followed, n i'm still fighting it n he's still around. He loves me and my son. My son is 2 n he behaves better when my new guy is around n my son loves him as much as I do. We're already talking marriage n kids, because everything just feels RIGHT! but I can't get my family to look at it that way, they think that i just jumped into a relationship w/ the first guy that showed me attention, but that's not the way it is at all. I'm trying to get over the gossip, because i'm finally happy, but it's still eating at me...

listen 2 yer famly. if u n new guy are meant 2 b 2gether, u will b. i know it sounds cliche, but its true. you dont even know each other and honey-it aint love YET. its passion. its dependency.
you have another life that depends on YOUR decisions. make sure its the right 1 or u WILL regret it. just to let you know-new guy is the rebound. be fair to him.
its great u got out of the abusive relat. you deserve a HUGE pat on the back! get to know yourself, get to know yer kid even better. the only way yer famly will accept him is for them 2 get to KNOW him.

listen 2 yer famly. if u n new guy are meant 2 b 2gether, u will b. i know it sounds cliche, but its true. you dont even know each other and honey-it aint love YET. its passion. its dependency.
you have another life that depends on YOUR decisions. make sure its the right 1 or u WILL regret it. just to let you know-new guy is the rebound. be fair to him.
its great u got out of the abusive relat. you deserve a HUGE pat on the back! get to know yourself, get to know yer kid even better. the only way yer famly will accept him is for them 2 get to KNOW him.

Back