'04 GMC Sierra 5.3 o2 sensor reading?

ttSNIPERtt

Jan 3, 2009
I had an o2 sensor and multiple misfire reading on an obd2 scanner, replaced the o2 sensor and now it has a reading of 0, repleced the original sensor and now IT has a o reading on the scanner. Parts store told me i need to replace my fuel filter? Any Suggestions as to if this is right?
edited : the sensor that was detected on the scanner was O2 Bank 1 sensor, yes it was the right sensor that got replaced

Are you sure there is only 1 sensor? A lot of vehicles have an upstream and a downstream sensor. Sometimes replacing only 1 may do the trick. The question is, did you replace the right one. Check in a good repair manual to see if there is only 1 sensor .There is also a possibility that your catalytic converter could need replacing.

Are you sure there is only 1 sensor? A lot of vehicles have an upstream and a downstream sensor. Sometimes replacing only 1 may do the trick. The question is, did you replace the right one. Check in a good repair manual to see if there is only 1 sensor .There is also a possibility that your catalytic converter could need replacing.

Back