Does my car have the LATCH system?

KiaSister1lDUCK

Oct 16, 2008
If you go to www.Chevy.com and click on Chevy Owner Center- you can get an owners manual and other information about your car.

My car has the ones in the back window and today I found the ones in the seat. I did not know that there were ones in the seat until today when I went to put my car seat in. They were actually hidden in there. Where the seat comes together, There is a little hidden pocket with zippers on either side, I unzipped those and found the latch system.

I drive a Kia.

I have a 2000 Chevy Impala.. Im pretty sure that I was told that all cars made after 2000 have this system, but.... the sticker in the door indicates that the car was actually manufactured in Canada tho, in Sept 99... I dont know if that makes a difference or not?

I can see the anchors on the top of the seat for the child boosters.. but I am asking about the LATCH anchors that should be between the seat and backrest for securing an infant seat.. I cant seem to find them. I want to know if I need to "dig deeper" in my car seat to find them, or if I shouldnt even waste my time!

Also I am not asking about seat belts themselves.. I am asking about the LATCH system.. I did look at a previous question regarding an impala and this system, and the voters chose a BA who obviously knew nothing about the question.. the answer was only about the seat belts themselves! My car has all of its seatbelts.. that's not what Im asking about!

Also I dont want to know "where" the system should be at.. I know that. I want to know if my car actually has it. Its cold outside, and I'd rather not be wasting my time digging between seats to fish for something that isnt even there.
I posted in parenting because maybe a PARENT would know about this system.. since its for infant/child car seats!!!

Back