How long do braces hurt for after been fitted?

JamesH

May 28, 2008
ive just had braces fitted and im in quite a bit of pain.
How long does the pain last for?
I have to go back every 6 weeks to get them tightened, will that increase the pain?

thanks! :D

It shouldn't last longer than a week. If it does, you should ask your orthodontist how much he tightened it.

WHAT THE FLIPP !! A WEEK omg !!! ill die !! :'( x x x

bRACES!!!

Yeah at this very moment I'm writing the message my braces are hurting! A week isn't that bad compared to a broken bone I'm very sore and some sharp metal is pokeing into my cheeks!!

bbbbbbrrrrraaaaaccccceeeeessss!!!

i have braces
got them 3 days ago and pain was severe but has decreased a lot
i eat weetabix with banana sometimes
hopefully pain will be gone in 2 to 3 days as i am going dubai and want to enjoy there food mmmmmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmm!
(good luck) they should'nt hurt much longer 4-5 days

H3ll no

A week i have a boy fiend how will i talk with pain oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with ya

I just got braces yesterday and they hurt horrrrrrribblllyyyy!!!! I got up like 3 times last night to put on that wax stuff to see if it would help but it didnt do anything major for me. Finally, at about 4:45 in the morning, I ignored the pain and went to sleep. I called my ortho today and he said the pain would subside in about 2-5 days. Hopefully they won't hurt for my first day of school. Even though I don't want to go back, I want to enjoy as much as I can WITHOUT worrying about my braces. Good luck!!!

Braces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just got braces, and they KILL. i cant eat or talk,<BR>
i want them OFF!<BR> :mad: stupid braces,

top brace fitted

i had my top brace put on tuesday, it really hurts when eatin solid foods because when biting into it you tend to use your top and bottom front teeth (well i do anyway). Its frustrating because i cant kiss my boyfriend as well at the momment lol. And the metal keeps digging into my gum a little which is a pain. I bought interdental brushes to clean in between the bits of my teeth the toothbrush cant reach (really reccomend it) it helps. The most annoying part of having braces is having food stuck in your teeth aswell (i reccomend taking a small bottle of mouthwash with you when your out). Im 15 years of age by the way lol. But yeh .. no pain .. no gain. If you want straight teeth you gotta suffer a little bit! x

i got my braces a week a go they dont hurt just for about 2to 3 dayz!!! and after all ur teeth will look beutiful after ur braces are taken off

i just got braces... im going somewhere huge... if i got them tuesday morning, should they be better bu thursday evening????

i have had mine on for two days and i am regretting it...

lmao you people over react braces dont hurt der jst annoying

Owwwwwwwwwwww

Bull crap they don't hurt!

You must have never had them or had them properly put in

I'm in extreme pain right now x_x

This is about my 2nd day. I'll keep you posted on how long the pain lasts :/

Asprin doesn't hardly help at all.

I just got braces fitted today and they really hurt!!!!!!!!!!!! As side from pain relief is there anything else that will ease the pain?

brrrrrrrrrrrrrraces !

i got mine yesterday, the hurt like a bitch.
hopefully it wears off soon, i cant eat anything but ice cream + mash potatoes. :|:(

Braces

I just got braces done yesterday and let me tell you they hurt, i cant stand them, i cant eat or put any kind of pressure to my teeth, today i cried because i couldnt stand the pain good luck to all that are getting them and be prepared on not eating all the good stuff you are used to eating. lol. good luck!!!

Back