bmw tranmission fluid problem?

derrik

Mar 20, 2008
im working on a bmw think its around a 93 are something like that.i had to replace the water pump.and to do so i removed the radiator and the trans hoses on the bottom.trans fluid came out how do i put trans fluid back into this bmw.it has a lifetime transmission fluid thing with no were to ad fluid.also how much should the water pump bolts be tightend? i aready broke one off overtighting it.
there is no trans dip stick to check fluid its a lifetime trans fluid thing.i dont know how your suppose to check the level

bolts on water pump not much more than hand tight just run them up and give it one more turn dont have to be real tight and to add fluid you do it at dip stick tube wont be much maybe a quart

on the transmission itself you should find 2 plugs one lower and one upper, drain all of the fluid out of the lower one and re-plug it, then fill the transmission from the upper one untill it is full, run the car and recheck the fluid level. on the exact torque specs you are going to have to look that up however, you only need to create a water tight seal dont go nuts but get it nice and snug

Back