Why are celebrities endorsing Obama?

TheMrse

Feb 26, 2008
We all know that Republicans vote to keep taxes down for rich people and Democrats like to tax the you know what out of the rich people so why are so many celebrities who make loads of money wanting Obama to win? Wouldn't they want to keep their money?

Some wealthy people don't mind paying extra in taxes because they understand that they make much more than the average american worker.

I believe contrary to a lot of people opinions, a lot of people who make "plenty" of money don't mind giving some of it up for the greater good. I know I certainly wouldn't. But, I have that "we're all in this together" mentality.

They would like to keep their jobs!!.. see it the trend continues ...
Noone will have time or cash to see any movies!!

They don't care about the money. Hollywood is all about re-making America into a secular country. That is why so many Hollywood types make a pilgrimage to Cuba and grovel at Fidel Castro's feet.

Filmmaker Steven Spielberg visited Cuba and met with Castro in November and dined with the dictator until the early morning hours. Spielberg announced that his dinner with Castro "was the eight most important hours of my life."

Other Hollywood celebrities who have visited Cuba and Castro include Robert Redford, Spike Lee, Sidney Pollack, Oliver Stone, Woody Harrelson, Danny Glover, Ed Asner, Shirley MacLaine, Alanis Morissette, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Kevin Costner.

Costner was clearly impressed with Castro, stating at a Havana press conference, "It was an experience of a lifetime to sit only a few feet away from him and watch him relive an experience he lived as a very young man."

They live there lives in allusion & deception in there moves so B O fits right in>

I personally don't see what is wrong with celebs endorsing Obama. To assume that celebs are dumb is just stereotypical. I also feel that they are looking at the greater good. Does it really hurt them to give up one less Hummer, private jet, party, or designer purse. Everybody knows some celebs are the most excessive spenders. I really doubt that it will hurt them to help out those that do the jobs that they wouldn't be caught dead doing. Allot of celebs realize this and that is why they are ready for a change.

It could be that it isn't about money. hmmmmm

Or maybe Obama was right when he said that they can AFFORD IT!!!

Seriously, these rich people are not suffering, that's why they are still rich!!

I tend to think that since Republicans are almost synonymous with the religious, and the religious are the ones who try to censor everything in this nation, take away our right to free speech etc, that being in the entertainment industry means this affects them greatly.

Don't kid yourself, those celebs probably don't pay a dime in taxes...or very little. There are lots of loopholes. Same thing goes for the very big businesses.

I think a lot of the celebs support Obama because his general attitude toward things is similar to their own. He doesn't expect people to be morally responsible and most of the celebs would agree with that. If someone told them that it was wrong to jump from affair to affair or to use drugs or whatever, they wouldn't give that person the time of day. Obama may be a caring individual...and he certainly is smart..but when it comes to moral responsibility, I question his ethics because of his history. He has consistantly made friends with those people who could further his career regardless of what kind of people they were. He supposedly "fell in love" and married a woman who is worth millions. He got his political start by working with the nationally known corrupt politicians of Chicago. He has financially supported a political organization (ACORN) that has been found guilty of all sorts of fraudulent practices (before this election year). All of these things show me that his moral compass is not what it should be. He is an opportunist and he craves power and position.

because if there fans r broke who is gonna support them they get paid thru our pockets also buying there music supporting their movies etc. and besides celebrities or laid back and down to earth nowadays. not the

Makes you wonder. I suspect that's what pissed the right off the most. It's not that they're endorsing left wing politicians, it's that they're putting social issues over their own bank statements. What kind of a nut does something like that?

Because Hollywood is fake and so is Obama. It's all a big sparkly show..there is no substance. Hey, if I was a Hollywood phony, I'd probably be in for Obama, but I'm not a sell out right now.

Celeb's are endorsing Barack, because they are citizens of America and have the right to. Right is right and wrong is wrong. McCain and his cronies have left such a bad taste in the mouths of Americans are sick of Separatists selfish initiatives that has been dividing the American people for eight-years.

What is the issue with people voting for who they think is best suited to run the country? That should actually tell you something. Some of the richest people in America are endorsing Barack. Including Warren Buffet and Oprah Winfrey. They may get taxed higher, but they feel he is the best candidate on the issues. It is pretty simplistic and selfless in my opinion.

Because they have no sense of reality. When you make Millions/episode for acting on a 30 minute sitcom, how can you have a sense of reality? You better make sure that their costumes come from some designer and not from some third rate store like Dillards.

Edit**
ok so for all those mindless drones who say "they care about the greater good and are not selfish"- There are tons of wealthy people who donate their money to causes of their own choosing. If I had a lot of money, I would have no problem contributing to the greater good, as long as I have a choice in the matter. I am smart and can educate myself and see where the greater good is and donate to those places where I believe it will do the most good. I don't need the government telling me who to donate to. That is not what America is all about.

It's not about money. It's about moral policies, and the Republican drive to keep things the same. Celebrities drive for change. It's really a state of mind. Conservatives have a "why?" mindset, whereas Liberals have a "why not?" mindset.
I personally feel that celebrities are more liberal, because it makes their lives easier. They are in the public eye so much, that if the things they do are made more socially acceptable, it would cause less problems for them.
I don't like when celebrities get involved in politics, because while there are some that have done their research and understand what is going on, there are so many that just repeat what they have heard. They need to stick to what they know, which is reading a script.
Perfect example, Matt Damon.

Not all rich people are in it for their own personal gain, and actually want the country to do better as a whole.

Back