How do you switch out a sim card on a cell phone?

L

Liz

Okay so I asked this question but wasn't happy with the answers. My phone is new but was free when my dad got a family share plan for me and him. It just does some annoying things like turns off whenever it wants even when charged fully, it has horrible reception, it drops calls, and sometimes won't even ring...I've been told that people tried to call me and it went to voice mail but i don't have a message! It will also go straight to voice mail (sometimes) when I'm in another conversation w/ another person. Anyways...it's usable but annoying me. So I was told that you can just go get a prepaid cell (I plan on getting a really nice one...i don't want another version of my phone i have now) and you can just switch out the sim card..? Is this true? Does it have to be bought at the AT&T store since thats where my phone is from I have now? Does it screw up billing? Do you keep your #? What about your saved contacts? Someone give me DETAILS.
Forgot to mention that my dad gets the bill...I need to know that it won't screw anything up price/billing wise.

Oh Kay
What Type of carrier do you have (at&t, Verizon,T-mobile there alot more) If you have at&t all you have to do is take out the sims card.
If you go on ebay or any at&t fone store you can buy the fone you want but it you get it on ebay you have to make sure its for at&t. You said" It will also go straight to voice mail (sometimes) when I'm in another conversation w/ another person" that normal they all do that

Yes you can keep your same number
Not it does not screw up the billing
about the contacts you can go to a st&t store and have them switch them there might be a small fee or you can save them to your sims card before you swith it

the sims card is located behind the battery its a small orange card and you will simply but it in behind you battery in your new fone

hope that helpped

Yes it will work i did it and no u canjust go and get the phone at like Wal-mart and it wont mess with billing it will keep your # and possibly save contacts.

Back